Friday, December 2, 2011

Bouncing Back

It's been a satisfying week for me.  After getting the green light to exercise from the Dr. on Monday, I ran 1.5 miles, walked on treadmill, did spin bike, the Arc trainer (whew, that thing wears you out in a hurry!), and swam 16 laps.

Food-wise I have improved but can definitely do better!  Going to prepare some meal plans for me this week that will include well-balanced meals and snacks to ensure I'm getting the protein and fibers I need.  I can totally eat Cuties oranges and Honeycrisp apples for just about every snack break because they are both so juicy and sweet! Love them both right now.

My prayer and devotion time is to really help me focus on resisting temptation when it comes to eating - it's hard when you are at a conference and there is a luscious dessert already sitting in front of you with a fork beside it.  It might as well have a sign sticking out of it that says "Eat me - what are you a chicken?"  Also for being able to resist the temptation to not exercise because by the time I get home from work and change it is too dark to get back out (or too cold or damp).  I have to outsmart those temptations by being prepared which may mean pack my lunch and snacks the night before and pack my gym bag so I don't have a chance to go home first.   Temptation is, well, tempting!  I saw an email the other day that took words and switched them around and came up with new words that were similar or related somehow to the original.  If you took out two of the "t"s in "temptation" you could spell "pain to me"!  That's what it becomes if you give in to it.  "When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so you will not give in to it" 1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment