Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Relapse Is Not Collapse

I have been in a fitness relapse of sorts but I am clawing my way back out of it.  I wish I could just jump into it and never look back but it has been a struggle for some reason this time.  For one thing I'm carrying a few extra pounds that seem to make me feel sluggish and it's also winter.  Winter's short days just make it tougher for everything doesn't it?  Well, I said I've been in a relapse but I did not and will not collapse.  I know that as long as I'm still walking and talking that each day is a brand new day that I am blessed with and more time to get back on track. 

Today I will run from my house to the fitness center (a 3.6 mile round trip) and when I get there I will do some much needed strength training and then run back home.

I had some leftover baked chicken breast and smoked ham that I chopped up last night into bite sized peices for salads so I'm going to the grocery store to buy some fresh salad greens and some fresh fruit to snack on.  I think I will also get something to put in my food dehydrator as well!

In my prayer time this morning I asked God to be with me as I do all I've set out to do today.  To be with me as I lace up my shoes, to be in my music I hear on my run (I have a playlist of worship songs and a couple can really get me running with my hands lifted up to heaven), and even as I shop for groceries - I really need Him there to help me with temptation!  I know that with God all things are possible, even such small things as me feeling good about myself and my choices today as my head hits the pillow tonight.

Praying for you today as you face choices, some big some small, and that you ask God to go on the journey with you everyday.

3 comments:

  1. Well I did the workout mentioned above along with my 17 year old son who joined me however, when we got to the fitness center the wight room was closed for maintenance. So we jogged back home. A good 3.6 mile run on a beautiful day at the least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Shannon!You stay motivated and feel free to include me int hose prayers. Although I don't see any extra pounds on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cheryl! My prayers are for everyone to live a healthy life just as God intended for us. I read this last night in a book " You'll never have the body the Lord wants you to have without having His mind as well".

    ReplyDelete